Tuesday 18 December 2007

Deutschland ist rad!

I don't know what it is about Germany, but I love the place! Everything is so orderly and neat and tidy, things work, the people are usually very helpful indeed, and they have Christmas markets! And beer...

I'm in Bonn for a few days for a conference. I've roughly finished my presentation work (have to discuss someone else's paper and present my own (joint) paper tomorrow), and so I'm sitting back in my hotel room. The internet costs and is metered, while I have only a single bed, and no desk to work on, no ironing board, iron, or thingie to stick my rechargable toothbrush (which went flat in my case) into to recharge. But it's still great - I get free breakfast here, all I can eat breakfast no less. And I walk out of the hotel, two minutes down the road and I'm at the central station and the subway/U-bahn/underground, which takes me to the conference venue in minutes and minutes...

No comments: