Sunday 21 October 2007

I like Scrabble, and I like writing

Well, I've just finished a real live game of Scrabble. Not one of those online ones, great as they are. I like Scrabble, but I guess it's just like golf really, it can still be very frustrating. I think quite possibly I take it a bit too seriously - it did really affect my mood the other week, when on arriving home from a great road trip through the Rockies, into Vancouver and on to Vancouver Island, I found that a friend had got a seven-letter word and gone out (effectively) in a game against me, and won!

Or maybe that's just the competitive gene I have in me (not to excuse myself by genetics!), as my dad is currently bemoaning his poor strategy, as I just edged our game tonight by a couple of points.

I'm currently in a good mood about Scrabble, so I'm going to go and ruin it by playing a game of Scrabulous...

No comments: