Tuesday 30 October 2007

Interesting indeed...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/10/27/do2702.xml

Abortion hardly seems to be the issue it is in the States here in the UK, but in the Torygraph, a newspaper I usually do my utmost to avoid, is a very interesting article on abortion, taking a clearly anti-abortionist line. I'm certainly against abortion on demand, and would fiercely oppose any attempts, as have recently been mooted, to allow abortion here on only one doctor's signature (against the current two).

However, I wouldn't claim to have seriously thought through answers to issues of rape and the possible resulting pregnancy. My initial thought is, just like a child concieved in infinitely happier circumstances, the child of a rape is human nontheless, and killing it is still killing it. Adoption would of course be an option, but then that would put the woman through nine months of being reminded (more so than otherwise perhaps?) of what happened. Anyhow, I'm not a woman so I'm not sure about whether I can really comment on something like that. I'll leave that to others and simply say I am also anti-abortion.

No comments: